- Coach qualifications for DISTRICT 1 are to be followed. HEO has different qualifications, and are the minimum. Coaches/trainers must follow the proper protocol for D1 qualifications below.
- Any coach who was on the bench last year, and did not have proper qualifications (last year we used HEO standards), will not be permitted on the bench/roster this year until qualifications are obtained.
- ALL volunteers REQUIRE VSCRC checks. Anyone who does not get this done is NOT permitted on a roster. It is up to the Association Registrar to manage that,
- There are NO ON-ICE HELPERS. Everyone must have proper bench/coach qualifications (level, RIS, VSCRC); unless it's a student getting volunteer hours (age 16 and over needs VSCRC).
- NO BENCH STAFF IS TO BE ADDED TO A ROSTER WITHOUT COMPLETE QUALIFICATIONS...if they are registered for a clinic they will be approved as PENDING. So with this being said, they need to have the following to be added : appropriate coaching course as required for level they are coaching, VSCRC, RIS, Gender Identity Equality course.
WHAT COACHING COURSES DO I NEED?
Initiation: Respect in Sport, Coach 1 (Intro Coach), OPP Vulnerable Sector Check
House League: Respect in Sport, HU-ONLINE Coach 1/2, Coach 2 (Coach Level), OPP Vulnerable Sector Check
Rep: Respect in Sport, HU-ONLINE Coach 1/2, Coach 2 (Coach Level), OPP Vulnerable Sector Check
Q: I need help planning a practice. Where do I find ideas?
Q: I would like to affiliate a player. Where can I find the affiliate player form?
A: The affiliation form can be found at http://www.sdhockey.ca/forms.html
Q: Do I need a travel form to compete in tournaments?
A: Yes, if the tournament is out of Hockey Eastern Ontario’s geographical limits. Find the travel form at http://www.sdhockey.ca/forms.html
Q: Where do I find league standings, schedules, and other information from the UCMHL?